Sunday, February 25, 2007

Report about the last two months

The winter is nearly over, though the weather here has no clue (as you can see from the picture on the left). Apart from winter sports (and work, of course) there’s not much to report, since I always try to write something MBA-related.





So recently:

  • I’ve met a number of LBS students, including Genie, and (hopefully) future classmates (“hopefully” because all of them have more than one offer). The most interesting discovery for me is that all those people have different backgrounds, so one cannot say that LBS only takes Russians from McKinsey or Morgan Stanley.
  • I’ve got lots of e-mails from rejected applicants, applying applicants and classmates. 95% of all letters in my rusgirl gmailbox came in the last 2 months!
  • I’ve been a bit overwhelmed by amount of paperwork for an HSBC loan. Like a self-respecting iceberg, the checklist of documents for this loan is rather small, but… the application itself requires a lot of supporting documentation, which is not listed, but better be provided. Well, I have been told it is gonna be like this, so don’t take my words as a complaint. I have already passed the stage of “OMG, I’ve got so much to do! I cannot think of it now I will think of it later” and arrived straight to “The later is now”.
  • I’ve discovered that I can tell what stage of application process is solely looking at my blog statistics: in February - GMAT posts go down and interview posts go up. And – strangely to me – more people click on INSEAD label on the right-hand bar than on LBS one! Are they trying to tell me something? :)))